What’s in every jar?
Eleven whole sweet peppers, wood fire roasted and then slowly cooked using old-world, artisanal know how, a splash of Greek Extra Virgin olive oil from Greece, white wine vinegar and sea salt make up the magical combination in every jar. My handmade fire roasted pepper spread contains no preservatives or additives and is made from sweet fresh peppers picked at the peak of their season. It's vegan and gluten free. Once you open a jar, store in the refrigerator and use within 7-10 days. Although I highly doubt the jar will even make it to the fridge.
Mostly sweet with a good dose of chile added at the end of cooking, my hot spread is perfect on grilled meats, a burger or simply slathered on a warm piece of bread. Open up a jar and be seduced.
Completely sweet with hints of smoke from the fire charring of the peppers, my sweet rich spread is ideal on a grilled sausage, grilled cheese, as a spread or on a turkey burger. Open up a jar and be seduced.
How I love using my fire roasted pepper spread
I serve it with a bowl of olives, a charcuterie plate and warm fresh bread, or in a variety of dips - my favourite is Greek Feta, the peppers, chiles and voilà- kopanisti - which means ‘pesto’ in Greek. Here are some other cool ways to get addicted.
- Serve on a pita or baguette with intense cheeses like, feta, goat’s cheese, pecorino or aged cheddar
- Add it to your ground turkey or chicken to make moist and delicious sliders/ burgers or meat loaf
- Serve a dollop along side grilled shrimp, wrapped in a pita
- Top your favourite, burger, sausages or omelet, instead of ketchup
- Is the perfect match for eggs in a frittata or quiche
- Great topping for pizza as an alternative to tomato sauce.